Aromatherapy massage is massage therapy but with highly concentrated plant oils, called essential oils, added to the massage oil or lotion. Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils to promote healing and a feeling of well-being and relaxation in the recipient.The essential oils are extracted from the parts of herbs and plants and contain all the properties of the plants themselves. There are several ways of applying the oils, including adding the oils to your bath, or inhaling them, but the most popular and effective is through massage.
Aromatherapy uses essential oils that are thought to have healing properties. These oils are the concentrated essences taken from the flowers, fruit, seeds, leaves and bark of certain plants. There are about 400 essential oils, but only about 40 are commonly used in aromatherapy. Aromatherapists believe aromatherapy can boost well being, relieve stress and help to refresh your body.. Aromatherapy massage uses essential oils derived from plants to achieve therapeutic benefits. In aromatherapy massage, essential oils are usually mixed with a carrier oil like sweet almond, apricot kernel, or grapeseed oil. A relaxing aromatherapy massage, for instance, might have lavender or bergamot, while a massage for sore muscles might include peppermint and eucalyptus. Before your first aromatherapy massage session, your massage therapist will conduct an initial consultation with you to learn about your desired outcome. They might ask about the current state of your work life, home life, physical health and mental state to learn about what you need.
Styles & Technique
The therapeutic use of essential oils covers a very wide spectrum. This is part of their charm and uniqueness. At the simplest, oils can be worn as natural perfumes, made into aromatic bath preparations or used in many ways as home remedies. They can also be combined with both home and professional massage to provide a very effective treatment for stress-relief. At the other end of the scale, specific botanical essences can be used by clinically trained therapists or doctors for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Read More
An aromatherapy compress concentrates essential oils in a specific area of the body and keeps the area moist. It is one of the quickest and easiest therapeutic techniques to make. Add about 5 drops of an essential oil or a blend of oils to a cup of water. Use hot or cold water, whichever is best for the particular treatment: Cold water helps relieve itching, swelling, and inflammation, while hot water increases circulation and opens pores, helping to flush out blemishes.
Aromatherapy massage is massage therapy but with highly concentrated plant oils, called essential oils, added to the massage oil or lotion.
The nostrils are attached to a part of the brain called the limbic system. The limbic system controls emotions and influences the nervous system and hormones.
When you inhale essential oil molecules, messages are transmitted to the limbic system and affect heart rate, stress level, blood pressure, breathing, memory, digestion, and the immune system.
Oil UsesEucalyptus oil:-
- Very fresh and clean aroma that help open airways
- Natural antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Used for respiratory problems such as colds, coughs, asthma, and congestion.
- Help relieve muscle pain and mental exhaustion.
- Used as antiseptics and pain reliever
- Help heal minor wounds and burns.
- Fresh floral scent with a dash of sweetness and herby aroma.
- Calming and anti anxiety effects
- Uplifting, anti-stress and anti-depressant
- Enhance mood, and help with relaxation
- Increase concentration
- Peppermint oil
- Very stimulating yet soothing aroma
- Arousing mental sharpness
- Used to relieve congestion, headaches, digestive problems, and soothe muscle aches
One of the main methods of aromatherapy to relieve physical nuisances and emotional stress is massage.
Various massage techniques in combination with the beneficial properties of essential oils make aromatherapy massage ideal for:
- pain relief
- relaxation of tired and stressed muscles,
- improvement of blood and lymph circulation,
- control of blood pressure
- relief of painful menstruation,
- toxin removal,
- cellulite prevention and/or removal and improvement of skin texture,
- relief of intestinal and digestive problems,
- strengthening the immune system
- stress and anxiety control
- strengthening the nervous system,
- combating negative feelings and general physical and mental revitalization.